Who Wouldn’t Want To Be In the VA World?
A client asked me that recently. I had to stop and think: Veterans Administration? Virginia? Virtual Assistant? Turns out, she was talking about Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. She is very excited about this field and really wants to find her next career there.You see, what you want for your life is specific and unique. What YOU find fascinating leaves others puzzled. What you WANT is a gift given to you. It is right there, waiting, urging you forward to a more meaningful life
Pay attention. Nurture your interests. If you have an interest in a growing field, there are numerous ways to dig deeper and discover if it is right for you. Here are some ideas:
- Research your topic on the web. Read all the latest articles. Find the RSS feeds, blogs and podcasts on your topic.
- Talk to friends and family. See what connections they can make for you.
- Learn about local companies involved in that arena. Get to know people who work there.
- Take a few online courses to understand the field better. There are free courses at www.edx.org, www.openculture.com/
freeonlinecourses and www.coursera.org.
- Research jobs in the field. See if your current skills can match up with a job.
The good news is that no matter what you expertise, it is needed in your desired field. Are you an attorney? Every business needs contract oversight and compliance. Are you an accountant? Every company needs one of those. Same goes for sales, marketing, customer service, operations, and a host of other roles.
Get to work exploring your desire. It’s meant just for you..
On your side,
The Career Passion® Coach
Categories: , , , , , , , , , , , ,